Honey face mask for dehydrated skin
MAKE YOUR OWN
Ready in seconds and so easy to make, this will beat any face masks you can find on the market. It is guaranteed to refresh and lift dehydrated skin. Use for the face but also for any dry patches that can afflict other parts of the body.
This mask is ideal to use after a day in the sun, when ever the skin has been exposed to harsh a weather conditions, or as a routine treatment. It will leave the skin look refreshed, lifted and feeling velvety and soft.
- Honey is reputed to be a very valuable ingredient in skincare. It is anti bacterial and anti-inflammatory, heals cuts and wounds, soothes and calms sensitive, red skin and generally hydrating the skin.
- Vegetable oils: There is a wide selection to choose from
- Calendula (macerated) marigold flowers in sunflower cools, calms red, inflamed skin. Ideal for sunburns and eczema.
- Jojoba is balancing, equally useful to dry and oily skin types as its composition is close to that of sebum and it regulates its secretion.
- Rosehip, argan, camelia are ideal for scars and wrinkles
- carrot is rich in carotenoids
To make your mask, blend
1 teaspoon of honey - semi solid
1 teaspoon of carrier oil of your choice
If you want to be more creative, you can make a blend with 2 or more vegetable oils. It will keep in a dark cool place for several months. You can use it for making subsequent face masks or as a moisturising face and body oil on a daily basis. Blend equal parts in a 30 or 50 ml bottle.
- Dry skin: equal parts of calendula and jojoba
- Sensitive skin: Calendula, Rosehip, camellia, jojoba
- Mature skin: Rosehip, camellia, Argan with a touch of seabuckthorn
- Nourishing face or massage oil: jojoba, carrot, avocado, camellia
Add 3 drops lemon, 2 drops geranium. For sensitive, aging skin, 1 drop of helichrysum can also be added.
Apply on the face avoiding the eyes. Leave for 15 mns. Remove with wet cotton pads. This mask leaves the skin feeling velvety and replenished. You can apply a moisturiser of your choice or leave as is.