Materia Aromatica in August 2014
It has been a busy few weeks for us, mainly spent on sourcing new products, a new oil Blue Tansy and updating the website. You will find below our new 'finds', always chosen with great care.
Don't forget to browse our special offers which will end on 31st August 2014.
Blue Tansy essential oil
We have just added Blue Tansy to our range of essential oils. With yarrow and German Chamomile, it shares a deep blue colour due to the high chamazulene content. The aroma is similar although more herbaceous with a zesty note that lingers a while. It is more overpowering and very little goes a long way.
It has many useful therapeutic properties being anti-inflammatory, anti-allergenic, gastronintestinal, nervous relaxant.
A new delivery of our ever popular and colourful soft carrier bags. We have 4 colour combinations available and 2 sizes - 16 and 30 holes. Both sizes will accommodate a mix of 5 and 10 ml bottles.
The colours are as follows
- Royal blue out / Navy blue in
- Olive green out / Navy blue in (only available in the 16 size)
- Lime green out / Navy blue in (very fresh and modern)
- Purple out / Navy blue in
The bags are made in a jersey cotton fabric outside and inside with foam padding.
We still have a few bags available from our previous batch made of polyester out and light blue jersey cotton in. These are available in a 16 hole and 36 hole size.
Pictures of the bags are on the website. Please note that colours may vary due to screen settings and pictures.
Skin care accessories
- Lastly, we have a range of ceramic soap dishes designed and hand-made by a local potter.
Benecos organic make-up
Benecos is a range of make-up certified organic by the German equivalent of the Soil association. They are formulated using vegetable oils and minerals. Benecos are also a member of 'cruelty free'.
We have added a few selective products to our skin care sections.
- A muslin face cloth
, certified organic by the Soil Association
- We are now stocking certified organic cotton wool pads and wet lingettes.
- We have recently been introduced to Konjac sponges - made with 100% natural vegetable fibers with no chemicals or synthetic additives, biodegradable so friendly for the environement. The fiber is turned into an extremely soft texture that exfoliates the skin through a gentle massage. Clays have been added to suit various skin types.